Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
10+ years of industry experience
5+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
AWS Glue is a fully managed, serverless, next-generation data integration service and datalake service. AWS Glue makes it simple and cost-effective to organize and categorize your data, as well as clean, enrich, and prepare it for fast analytics. It helps our customers build modern datalakes at the AWS scale. We are looking for an experienced leader to define and deliver industry-leading, next-generation services architected for the cloud.
Joining AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize Big Data computing in the cloud
· Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
· Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
· Be involved in the fast growing, Big Data space
· Lead and grow a software development team responsible for rethinking traditional serverless data-processing, data-analytics, and datalake architectures
· Manage the design, implementation, test, and deployment
· Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: Big Data, datalakes, serverless infrastructure, data analytics, and machine learning.
· Mentor engineers, provide leadership on complex technical issues, design trade-offs, and feature and schedule prioritization
· Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, and influence our technical and business strategy
· Help hire talented engineers
· This position represents an unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business. As with all Amazon positions, you will also be deeply customer-centric.
Want to work on the coolest technology while growing your career, in a group that cares about people just as much as products?
If you’re a highly technical manager who wants to work at the intersection of multiple fields: datalakes, serverless infrastructure, Big Data, machine learning, and more, then come on board!
A large proportion of AWS Glue customers are large enterprises looking for cutting-edge technology to manage their burgeoning data at unprecedented scales. We have a number of new initiatives starting up in the area of streaming data, machine learning and usability that are driven directly by working with these customers. As the central hub of the AWS analytics strategy, our service also interfaces with a number of sister services in the AWS, providing exposure for both individuals as well as the business.
Want to work on real problems, ship real products, and grow a new pillar in the analytics space? Come join us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
A leadership position in a team delivering big data technologies, serverless infrastructure, databases, storage or distributed systems
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Superior analytical and problem solving skills