Do you possess a commitment to excellence and the drive to make a positive difference in everything you do? Are you looking for a great company that has great benefits, offers great pay, and has an amazing support team? Then we would like to talk with you! MCR believes in empowering our hotel managers with the values, tools, and resources necessary to achieve success for our owners, associates and 100% satisfaction for our guests.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Specialist at the TWA Hotel and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
The Sales Specialist will be responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Sales & Marketing team. An ideal candidate for this role has great communication skills with a positive demeanor and the ability to multi-task and work well with others.
This exempt-level position requires you to perform office work directly related to MCR’s business operations including:
- Project management
- Creating systems to help keep all data and information organized & up to date
- Working on larger events, projects, and initiatives as requested
- Other high-level responsibilities assigned by the leadership team
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing
- Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders).
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials).
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty.
- Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process.
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Maintain customer databases.
- Print Daily Sales reports for each sales manager and submit to Director of Sales & Marketing
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Conduct research and collect data to prepare reports and documents.
- Coordinates necessary arrangements with vendors relating to sales.
- Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO’s, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure the adequacy of sales-related equipment or material are available at all times.
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales or the management.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 1 years of Hotel experience
- Working knowledge of Sales Operation systems desired
- Computer savvy (Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- An aptitude for self-motivation
- A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
- A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)