The Center for Independence of the Disabled in New
York (CIDNY) is the leading organization serving and representing people with
disabilities in New York City. CIDNY’s mission is the removal of barriers to
full integration of people with disabilities. CIDNY helps people with
disabilities to gain the skills and obtain the services they need to live
independently in the community. CIDNY advocates for fair and effective policies
that improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.
Director of Administration
Specific Duties include:
- Welcome and direct visitors, deliveries, and incoming
calls in a prompt, professional and efficient manner
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of daily
- Provide support for conference room needs, including
ordering, setup, and cleanup of refreshments, before and after meetings;
board room configuration, and assisting with meeting materials arrangements
- Maintain reception area neat, organized, and
functional, including monitoring adequate availability of CIDNY materials
- Receive, sort, scan, and route mail and packages for
prompt and efficient handling, including outgoing mail and packages
- Actively monitor inventories for housekeeping, pantry
and office supplies; including ordering, receiving, stocking and
distribution of supplies
- Coordinate with building maintenance regarding upkeep
of our offices and accessible bathrooms
- Notify staff re. planned maintenance by the building
and third party maintenance company
- Coordinate and negotiate with HVAC companies, MWBE, and
other selected vendors
- Provide clerical/administrative support, to assigned
senior staff, specifically for processing of expenses, and travel
- Perform other clerical tasks as needed and assigned
Education and training:
A minimum of two year of relevant experience and/or training is required.
- Pleasant and clear telephone manner, with proven
ability to interact with people with disabilities in a professional and
sense of humor, incredibly patient, and can navigate difficult
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
articulate, self-motivated, and flexible
- Ability to perform routine duties independently,
handling a variety of tasks simultaneously, setting priorities and
scheduling own work, in a fast paced environment
- Sound judgment, with ability to identify when an issue
should be escalated for resolution
with changing demands at work
work with minimal supervision
- Be able
to lift/move boxes, equipment, or assist in other (minimal) physical
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
Temporarily remote due to COVID-19, will have to travel to our Manhattan office once we re-open.
Computer/Laptop, Phone, Printer/Copier, Postage Machine, Shredder
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required.
We conform to all laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment
opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and
medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit
retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in
writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who
assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Abaewusuwa Egyin, Executive Director.
Do not send by fax.
Please use the job title as email header.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.