A CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services) career offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package:
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- In-service training
- Flexible work schedules
The Home Visitor, Responsibilities:
- The Home Visitor provides weekly home visits to parents that promote secure parent-child relationships and help parents provide high-quality, early learning experiences in language, literacy, mathematics, social and emotional functioning, approaches to learning, science, physical skills, and creative arts to their children.
- The Home Visitor is expected to Build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting relationship with families; plan all home visits jointly with parents; and effectively communicate the critical role of parents in the development of their children.
- The Home Visitor must demonstrate competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the home visiting curriculum and promote children’s progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to five, including for children with disabilities and dual language learners, as appropriate.
- The primary focus of the Home Visitor is to develop a collaborative relationship with families to support them by being their child’s first and primary educator.
- No remote option
- Minimum CDA with Home Base extension. An AA or BA in Early Childhood, Human Services or Psychology with some EC credits.
- Experience working in Early Childhood Education, prenatal care, home visiting, teaching and or community health.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- COVID 19 Vaccination required!
Safe Children, Stable Families, Successful Lives. At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community-based services. A COA Accredited Agency, CMCS has provided services in locations throughout Westchester and Rockland Counties, as well as the Bronx and Manhattan since 1946. At CMCS, we believe in creating progressive career paths for our staff and provide advanced training to promote constant growth and change.
We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by applying today!