A CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services) career offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package:
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- In-service training
- Flexible work schedules
The Family Advocate, Responsibilities:
- The Family Advocate is responsible for maintaining high-quality, effective parent engagement practices that contribute to the healthy development of families.
- The Family Advocate maintains a caseload, provide in-classroom support, make initial and ongoing assessment of family needs, and create work plans for families which involve goal setting, home visits, parent education, and family support services.
- The Family Advocate is expected to adhere to the regulations and standards set forth by the Head Start Performance Standards and/or ACS Early Learn, Universal Pre-Kindergarten, New York City Department of Health regulations and all other applicable federal, state, and local entities.
- No remote option
- At a minimum a Family Development Credential (FDC) and High School Diploma/GED or, Associate or Bachelor of Human Services, Social Work or related field.
- Experience working in low-income children families preferred.
- Familiarity with Parent Family Community Engagement framework (PFCE) and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- COVID 19 Vaccination required!